Mini Kelsei Mold

I LURVE my 9 bar Kelsei! I honestly wish I'd bought the 18 bar... I guess there is always next time... The dividers are a pain for the first 4 or 5 batches, but then they're easier to get out. I use pliers and rock them from side to side and now they just pop out without a hitch.

I got a mini Kelsie mold for Christmas and I just love it!!!I have a batch in it as I type this. I agree the dividers are a bit of a PITA to remove, but sooo worth it to have bars that are all the same size(Can you tell I have serious soap cutting issues???). I make 2 lb batches in it. I am hoping for a larger one soon-Mother's Day is just around the corner, right???

If you do decide on one, be prepared to wait up to a month to get it. I do believe that most are made as they are ordered.

I have 3-9bar Kelsei's and 1-18 bar. I much prefer the 9bar over the 18. This way I can make 3 smaller batches of regular soaps and 1 larger one of the ones that I sell more of!

I too suck at cutting a straight bar. I may eventually get one of the log molds. Mainly for layering as it's a bit difficult in the slab molds.

I'm eyeballing the small upland log mold right now. Something about not having to line a mold just sounds like heaven to me.

I have two of the Uplands and they are wonderful. I've been looking at the kelsie molds too. Just haven't made up my mind yet.

You don't have to line the Kelsei either. However I did cut a piece of quilters mylar for the bottom so they come off easier. And I'm buying an 18 bar from a friend for less than the 9 bar one. So now I'll have a 9 bar and an 18 bar :D

I have the 16 bar mold and they also have a 32 bar mold. This is a great mold, very sturdy and solid. It comes with a mylar template to make your freezer paper liner for your mold, so it is super easy to line it. It also comes with a wooden divider that you can slide into the slots to make 2 smaller batches at once if you want to. When your soap is ready, just take the long blade and cut in both directions, down through the slots, and you have nice even bars. Mnhorsemom also has one of these molds, maybe she will come along and comment on it as well. These people are super easy to deal with and super helpful, as I had a million questions to ask before I purchased this mold.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-WOODEN-16-BAR-SOAP-MOLD-KIT-WOOD-W-KNIFE-SUPPLIES-b_W0QQitemZ8265743125QQcategoryZ28116QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That's hysterical Kerry, I bought one from them just a few days ago!! Super nice lady. I can't wait to get it (at the rate I'm going it will be here before my durn lye). I liked the Kelsei but didn't want to spend the $$ for the big one, and I knew I'd want to expand. I'm putting the bigger Kelsei mold on my wish list though.

Thanks to everyone who had input! I'll be posting pics of the soap I'll be making with my mold for sure........

That is too funny.:laugh2: I really like the 16 bar, just soaped it a few days ago. It really is easy to use. Like you I didn't want to spend that much on the Kelsei mold. I am thinking I may buy another one of these down the road, if it continues to perform well. Let me know how well it works for you when you do your first soap. Did you get the 16 bar or 32 bar?

I have the Kelsie 9 bar mold and just love it. If you use it to make 3lb batches, the bars are very thick and chunky. You can split them in half to double the number of bars you get and they will get about the same thickness of bars that you get when you make a 2lb batch. I also have an Uplands mold and do like the fact that you don't need to line it but the cut lines are hard to follow and are not exactly the same size. The end bars end up a bit larger than the other bars.