WYW Lemongrass & Star Anise

Holly

Holly, I haven't used it in soy but if you are a soaper, it soaps beautifully. I thought that OOB it smelled horrible. But the fragrance really comes alive in soap. I soaped it once using my regular recipe and then recently in a castille gm soap.

Thanks Merideth and Kathleen. The reason why I asked is I have had some trouble getting a non-bakery lemon to throw well in the soy I use and got that fuel smell. I will give it a try.

Kathleen, Madagascar Spice did not throw well for me either in soy. I have not tried the Strawberry Patch. The Fresh Linen was a killer -- VERY STRONG -- had to cut way back. I have several others in my cupboard to try. They all smell great OOB.

Thanks again. :)

Hi Holly, I used this in Green Leaf's 70/30 soy blend and it throws wonderfully. It smells much better in wax (the anise comes out more) than OOB. I used it at 5%.

Hi Gypsyjen, Edited to change Gypsy"hen" to Gypsyjen...oops. :grin2:

Thanks for reply and I just had to let you know that I LOVE the picture of your pug. :) Is that a picture of yours? ~Holly

Did well in Soy for me too, just wasn't at all popular. Oh well.

It is a nice combo though.

The Lemongrass & Star Anise? I have a friend that just got done buying a Lemongrass & Star Anise candle. She told me about it, and I said that I have thought about testing that scent and know where to get it. I will see how it goes. :)

Hi Gypsyjen, Edited to change Gypsy"hen" to Gypsyjen...oops. :grin2:

Thanks for reply and I just had to let you know that I LOVE the picture of your pug. :) Is that a picture of yours? ~Holly

Thanks! :grin2: No, the siggy pic is not Ling Ling. Here's my "pooh":

[ATTACH]5131[/ATTACH]

Sorry to hijack!! :o

post-1892-139458395394_thumb.jpg

Thanks! :grin2: No, the siggy pic is not Ling Ling. Here's my "pooh":

[ATTACH]5131[/ATTACH]

Sorry to hijack!! :o

Hi Jennifer,

I forgot to post back to say that Ling Ling is so cute! She reminds me so much of my Pugsy. I would love to have another Pug someday. :)

~Holly

----------------------

Also, I am testing the Lemongrass Star Anise in the soy and so far no noticeable fuel. I need to test it a little more to make sure on the scent throw. It is not real strong but nice. I would say that is has a light to med. throw. Thanks for the help.