Seepage Question

It should be seeping out the FO that was not mixed in well and/or the FO that the wax cannot hold. That's why using too much FO isn't necessarily better. Wax can only hold so much. If you don't mix it in well too, it will seep. Hope this answers your question.

If a candle is seeping FO when burned, is this just the FO that the wax can't hold or will more than that seep out?
Don't candles kind of sweat when they are burned? Mine do and I just figured that was OK.....should I worry?

Dixie

Was just wanting to confirm that these were the only reasons. I am making 4oz test candles and my scale seems to only want to measure in 2g increments. With larger batches this won't be as much of a problem since the percent error will be MUCH smaller.

Guest primhut

I have had this happen with FO's with cinnamon undertones. I would try cutting back a bit and see if that helps.

I was testing some 415 from a different supplier the other day, and I forgot to add the usual 3% BW to it, and used a 7% load of Juniper Breeze from Peak. After it set up, it seeped something fierce and pooled on top of candle! Definitely a hazard. I dug out all the wax, remelted, added 3% BW, repoured and no seeping!

Anyway, just my $0.02 :grin2:

geek