whipped wax topping

Mitch23

Whew! Gel wax is sooo much fun! Just had to get that out there first of all...

OK, so I made my first few pies. Seem to burn ok, but I have another couple of diff wicks I'd like to try before I say it's good enough for me.

I'd like to add a little whipped dollop (guess that's what it would be called) to the top. Been reading lots on whipping, but confused. I'd like to ask if yall think it'd be ok to try some of my soy container wax? (Pretty much all I have right now) The only other one I have is a crystallizing pillar, and a little bit left of gel (which will change tomorrow thanks to hubs generosity, he's letting me splurge and get the expensive bucket of gel from Michaels...unless I decide not to, still debating with myself.)

Sorry, got off topic there... Should I mix 50/50 gel/soy, try 100% soy, order a diff wax, or just give in and buy the premade whipping wax? I'm horrid at making decisions like this... Any suggestion? Somewhere to look? I'm kinda scared that the container wax just won't work...

Thanks for reading...

Mitch