Wedding Cake

Paulette

I poured it white but couldn't see very good where the leaves and paper whites were so made the brown one just for me to follow while I try to paint them. Now I have a question. how do you paint the dots on the side? I tried with a pointed brush and that didn't work.

This candle is 5 inches high and 5 inches wide.

post-76-139458376806_thumb.jpg

Are you having problems getting the paint to stick or applying the paint to the little dots? If it is applying the paint, one tip I got from watching Donna Dewberry is to use the wooden end of the paint brush. Just dip it in the paint and touch the area you want the dot. Lovely wedding cake.

Oooooh, I really like that mold. I wonder how much time it will take to paint. Glad it's not me doing it. I'd probably be cross-eyed by the time I got it done! I would be so tempted to pour the flowers one color & then the body of the cake another, but that would probably take twice as long as painting.

Good luck w/ that, Paulette. Keep us posted on the end result. I bet it will be beautiful when you're done. :)

I just had an idea ... what if you were to paint the interior of the mold - the flower & leaves - & then pour the wax? Probably a dumb idea. I'd be dumb enough to try it once ... just to see what happens. lol.