Vanilla Fo

Mozzie

Hi, In a couple of threads about other things 2 people mentioned how much they hate stirring Vanilla FO. Why is that? :confused: Does it have to be stirred for a particularly long time? Does it need other additives to make it bind to the wax? I use straight paraffin and love the scent of vanilla so would appreciate your thoughts before I get started.

Hi, In a couple of threads about other things 2 people mentioned how much they hate stirring Vanilla FO. Why is that? :confused: Does it have to be stirred for a particularly long time? Does it need other additives to make it bind to the wax? I use straight paraffin and love the scent of vanilla so would appreciate your thoughts before I get started.

Every FO is made of different stuff and vanillas are notoriously slow to mix with wax. You have to be patient and stir and stir. You'll see droplets of it on the bottom of the pot until it's finally all mixed in. An additive like Vybar will help but either way the important thing is to make sure and stir long enough that it's fully blended, even if it seems to be taking too long.