How much do you sell??

Guest EMercier

Guest EMercier

How much do you all sell in a year? Are there periods that are better than others? I know Christmas is my busy time, but it varies. I just started a new job and am trying to get stuff sold there.

Hi E.,

We did very well last winter season,IMO, and had a late start. We mostly did craft shows, and some private sales, (i.e. @ my work, family members jobs, neighbors, etc...) also an open house at my home. All in all, I was satisfied w/ it, for what we are trying to do, which is baically roll the money we make selling back into producing, w/ out tapping into our other non-candle funds.

This year, we only did one early spring show, and never again, it was truly not worth the effort. We made back our booth fee and a LITTLE bit more, that was it. We have also done 2 small fundraisers, and had one open house.

We also have our candles in a small country shop, and have since spring, so far that had been rent paid out w/ no return, but I want to hold onto our spot there, and see how well fall and winter sales are.

I also have some private sales at work here and there, just small stuff, but I STILL get excited at every dollar someone spends on my stuff!

So, basically, I would say that our sales this year have been about half of what they were last fall and winter, so I am looking forward to that again!

I still love every minute of it, producing AND selling!! HTH! ;)