Stupid Question about CP, lol

smiley_miley

Ok, I know this is probably a stupid question, but I just wanted to make sure before I did anything, lol...

I made my first batch of CP soap a few days ago, and it came out really good. I put it in a glass container that I used for a mold. I wanted to stick with the basics, so I didn't color it or anything, just added scent.

I had a question about molds though...

I know that the lye mixture reacts badly with certain metals, such as aluminum, and I know you are supposed to use stainless steel, glass, heavy duty plastic, or ceramic, but I wanted to know if it is safe to use that bakeware with the non stick coating? Some of those pans would make perfect loaves, and as I am still experimenting, I don't want to spens a bunch of money on molds. If anyone can answer this for me, that would be so great!

TIA

Katie

Nope, wouldnt risk it, if your looking for inexpensive molds, I started with a baby wipe container, some people use milk cartons, lined card board boxes, cat litter pans, rubbermaid or martha stewart drawer organizers, pringles cans. Lots of much better options out there.

Not with CP, but you could use them if you go with hot process..since the lye is all "cooked" out but only if the teflon is not scratched or anything...wouldn't want teflon in your finished soap.;)

But, alot of people don't like doing HP soap (I like it though :D ). I also don't do mine loaf style though, I use invidual mini loaf pans as my molds.:)