soy recieps

mcornwell

Soy Lotion Bar:

1 part oil (sunflower; olive; almond etc)

1 part beeswax and/or soy wax (cosmetic grade)

1 part butter (cocoa, shea; shea; mango etc)

fragrance oil or essential oil (optional)

Melt oil, beeswax and butter together and add scent if desired. You can always re-melt it and add more ingredients if it is too hard or too soft. To make it harder add more beeswax; to make it softer, add more oil. The oils/butters can be mixed to make the whole part.

Lotion bars require no curing. Depending on how they are packaged, you just rub them on your skin or place them between your palms for a moment and then rub the "lotion" in. Some folks make them harder with a little more wax so that they form a firm bar that looks like soap. I have seen them packaged in small dishes or in tins. I package mine in a push up stick, similar to a deodorant tube but round and clear. Then you just push it up and stroke it on, rub it in. It soaks in a little more slowly than "thinner" consistency lotions but is less mess, and the chance of spillage is much less.

The above recipe I got off a soy board last year. I did use it once w/ a mixture of 1 part soy and alittle bw , 1 part cocoa butter, and part olive oil. I plan on tweeking this recipe as to me it was so hard. I used it in deodorant tubes.

You just need to make sure your 100% soy wax is comestic grade. I have used other body butter recipes and added soy to the mixture. I have one that I did once and liked it to begin w/ but after a week it got too hard -so before winter gets here I really want to play w/ it and figure out the best % of each ingredient. HTH alittle :)