Shipping from the jar store

mterrell77

I was wondering if anyone has done a big order from the jar store. I placed an order with them before and was pleased but the problem was since it was a big order I had to have it delivered to a business. They said they couldnt deliver to a residence that much. I had a friend at the time who let me deliver to their store, but they have since closed down. So anyway I want to order from them again and I dont have a business. They told me i could just wait in the parking lot of a business the day it is to be shipped and I would just meet the guy there. Sounds kind of weird...just wondering if anyone else has run into this.

Guest EMercier

HA!! :laugh2: That's funny. I had to laugh at that one. If it's UPS, why not get it delievered to a UPS store near you or a FedEx location and pick it up. They are both businesses. You would look weird and what if you miss them? Then you're standing there looking like a nut! Try one of those. I've never ordered from them, but thanks for letting me know.

Better yet, what if the poor delivery guy shows up and gives your order to the first person he sees.

You'll have to do like they do in the airport--walk around with a sign saying "JAR DELIVERY HERE."

Would a church, school, or beauty shop you go to be able to help you out? What about the workplace of husband, parent,s or friends? Would they be in a position to accept a delivery?

I have a better idea, why not pick it up at the docK of the shippers? If you live in or near a large city usually the trucking company has a location and actually you should get a break on shipping since you would be picking it up at the dock. Be prepared to load it yourself though......find out who the shipper is and then call them to make sure you can pick up from there. A couple years back i was going to have some wax shipped and there was an extra charge if they had to deliver residential so i called to see if I could pick it up at the dock, no problem and shipping was cheaper....

I think I has a lot to do with the freight trucks not being able to maneuver well in residential areas. When I order, I specify that they be held at the local company's freight station. Then we take our trailer over there, break down the pallets and load them in our trailer. The guys over there know us so well that now they pitch in and help us.