Not reaching end of container Help please.

I recently noticed the same thing with a 3oz container. The wax stopped melting about 1/2 inch from the bottom. The wick was completely gone so I assumed the neck part of the wick tab is too tall. (ECO 2).

Does that sound reasonable to anyone one? :undecided The wick size is correct MP, etc.

Linda

The tab doesn't have anything to do with the wick size. Different suppliers use different size tabs, usually anywhere between 1/8 and 1/2" in neck height. It really is a built in safety feature as it keeps the wick from burning to the bottom of the jar and overheating and possibly breaking it. I actually prefer the 1/4" neck myself, but I do have a few wicks from a diff. supplier that have the 1/8" neck, which I don't like, so I just switch the tabs off when I use them.

Thank you.

I made a huge mistake. I wicked one conatiner it came out fine and went ahead and wicked 10 others with a different FO. :embarasse

Guess I will have to re-melt. :laugh2:

This is exactly why it is so important for people to understand why you have to test every single different fragrance oil you use in every single different container you use. Some oils are lighter/heavier than others and will burn totally differently.

I'm glad you learned early and only made 10 jars, instead of 100 :D