Labeling Parafin Candles

Okay maybe I am the wierd one here, But WHY put a label right on the candle? Is it just me, or does that not sound just the teeniest bit dangerous. :undecided

I used to put bands on my votives, and I had people tell me the label caught fire (Gee I wonder Why lol).

LOL Tess, sounds like they didnt read instructions...LOL...

I put all my labels on the outside of packaging so noone forgets to take it off.

Yep thats what I do too. As for my votives, they dont get labels, I sell em nekkid.

I think candlemakers over estimate some customers, and assume what seems like common sense t6o us, will be wired into the minds of our customers as well lol.

I was wondering that too, but then I thought, they are talking about pillars....right????? I dont make pillars but I have a few and since they dont burn down like a votive, the lable wouldnt hurt to be on the candle itself, would it?

Well to me anything flammable near or around a burning candle is an accident waiting to happen. I thought pillars were supossed to be made to consume themselves. Thats the way I make mine. Hurricanes can have a shell, I suppose those would be okay to have a label around.

All great points!

I am doing something like this:

http://www.pacificacandles.com/indian-chai.asp

But a small square with our logo and the type of candle

and then a larger rectangular on the back about the candle. warning label on the bottom. Yep, we just offer 2x3 pillars (we don't make them, we have another company do them)

:)

Oh definately, I have burned these candles and removed the labels.

I am looking for labels that are already to peel and stick like these that will actually stay on the candles and not slip off because of the oils and not stain from color.

These are the same labels on the candle above, so know the material must exist somewhere. LOL

help me find it. ;)