Igi 6006

Ive used cd wicks in ezsoy, and i used cd12's then...as i mentioned in another post, i must have gotten a funky case or something, because ive needed a LOT bigger wicks then what ive always used. SO, im testing IGI 6006. For heavier fragrances, that the ezsoy needed real big wicks for, do you think i should start with like a cd14 in the 6006 for these? Im talking about coconut cream pie, white cake, patchouli, banana nut bread. Ezsoy worked while it worked, and now its all funky. It just needs giant sized wicks sooo....do you think cd14 is too big for the 6006? People have mentioned mostly cd12 to start with, but in my experience these certain fragrances i mentioned, seem to need bigger wicks....so what do you think in your opinions. cd 14 too big? or do you think its ok to start with. thanks!

I'm not sure how to answer your question, but I have tested the LX and the 16 worked ok with peppermint and some vanilla FO. I got a full mp and I burned for about 3 to 3 1/2 hrs. If the 16 doesn't work for you the 18 should work just fine. Sorry I'm not more help but I have not had the chance to test the CD wicks yet in this wax.

HTH, Connie

My basic rule of thumb for testing things in new wax is that I use the same wick I would use in my normal wax with the particular scent that I'm using.

So if it was me, I'd do exactly what you're asking if you should do. If it's not right, you can always try a smaller wick.

When you ask for help on wick sizes, you need to give some information to help us make suggestions. That information is what brand of wax, additives such as beeswax or paraffin, type/amount of FO (fragrance oil), and diameter of container opening.

You know that EZsoy is an all soy wax and IGI 6006 "Vintage Blend" is a soy/pariffin blend.

I can say that if you used a larger wick for a FO in soy you most likely but not always will need a larger one in a blend.