Blend melting/throw

Here's my latest. I added 15% 4630 Harmony Blend paraffin to my hard to melt 415 soy with FO at 8.3%. I did get meltpools in the right amount of time, but the throw is less than desirable. Do you need to cure longer for paraffin? I waited for 48+ hours. The HTP 126 is cleaning the jelly jar and has a 1/4" MP after 3 hrs. Also, a bit of smoking, so may try smaller. I have a hex with a 51C and almost clearing and a smaller MP. The reason I added the paraffin was it's melt point is 119 degrees. Somewhere I saw some low melt soy...115, 119 degrees or somewhere in that vicinity, but for the life of me I can't find it again. I would like to try adding that and see how it works also, so any help would be appreciated both with the soy source and hints about the paraffin blending. TIA. Beth

Somewhere I saw some low melt soy...115, 119 degrees or somewhere in that vicinity, but for the life of me I can't find it again.

Soy waxes have a range of melt points (111-125 F) depending on the manufacturer. You can get the melt point of the wax by looking at the wax specifications. Matching melt points is not necessary when blending waxes. The new "blend" will have a new melt point that is a product of the waxes used to make it.

Hi Scott. Ya, I know it would be a different temp on melt, hopefully lower than what I have. it's just I can't get a jelly jar with no color and 8.3% FO to clean the jar even with a HTP 1212 and without any FO or color, the jj still has some edges with a HTP 126. I have 170 lbs. of this left and am looking at becoming the tart supplier for the Idaho panhandle! LOL. I'm pretty sure it is the inconsistency in wax production and I loved the earlier use of the same product. May have to move on as I have wasted almost a year coming back to keep trying this. Beth