tested samples from personal care polymers

soapermom

I tested the Hydrovance and Amaze in lotion batch today...

I made simple lotion recipe

1 1/2 cups Distilled Water

2 oz. Sweet Almond Oil

1/2 oz. Liquid Vegetable Glycerin

2 Tablespoons Emulsifying Wax

2 Tablespoons Stearic Acid

1 1/2 teaspoons Germaben II

1/2 teaspoon Fragrance Oil of Choice

I removed the glycerin, I added 1 oz hydrovance, and 1 TBS Amaze to water phase amd mixed up good and heated to 165(as per the hydroivance instructions on the site)

well it feels GREAT.. nice slip, almost feels like the Bath and Body works purely silk line....finishes dry on skin.. soft, silky not oily.. the only downside.. its shiny on skin... my skin had a definate sheen.. it faded in a bit, and I suppoose if you add micas or body glitter to make a "shimmering" lotion it wouldnt be noticeable..

bottom line.. makes a very ,very nice feeling lotion with staying power, I have washed my hands a few times and the results are lingering! so if ya don't mind the shine.. its all good...

I use Bandicoot's OOH recipe from the soapdish forum. It leaves the skin looking slightly shiny after use, but your hands feel wonderful. So far no one has complained about it.

I'm gonna test your simple recipe out when my samples come in. I ordered over a week ago and so far nothing, everyone else seems to be getting theres lightning fast. *crosses fingers*

oh.. I just used that recipe to make a quickie lotion to test...I wanted to see how it felt. I imagine the results may be a lot better with a richer lotion recipe.. I was just playing:yay:

I use Bandicoot's OOH recipe from the soapdish forum. It leaves the skin looking slightly shiny after use, but your hands feel wonderful. So far no one has complained about it.

I'm gonna test your simple recipe out when my samples come in. I ordered over a week ago and so far nothing, everyone else seems to be getting theres lightning fast. *crosses fingers*

I used some of the Hydrovance yesterday in a pre-made base (SOS luxury lotion base) that I was testing an FO in. I used 1 tbsp in 8 oz and I really liked the results. The lotion seemed to "glide" on better. I had no residue at all, and my skin still feels nice today. Definitely something I will experiment with more. As big as the samples were I'll have plenty to play with.

did you have a skin sheen? any shine? wondering if its the hydrovance alone, of just the simple formulation I used...

I used some of the Hydrovance yesterday in a pre-made base (SOS luxury lotion base) that I was testing an FO in. I used 1 tbsp in 8 oz and I really liked the results. The lotion seemed to "glide" on better. I had no residue at all, and my skin still feels nice today. Definitely something I will experiment with more. As big as the samples were I'll have plenty to play with.

Nope, it absorbed completely and just left me feeling soft. And smelling durn good too, if I do say so myself!

i am gonna have to go try it again.. ya know when I used it, i put it on warm...that may make a difference..

edited to say... it did.. no shiny today.. i wonder if it was just from trying the lotion warm out of pot???? hmmmmmm