Pillars

I've been doing container candles and votives for a little while now, and I'm wanting to try pillars. Any suggestions where to get started? Should I buy a pillar kit? Is one style of pillar easier than another? This is just for me. I'm not intending to resale. Any suggestions welcomed.

some styles are harder but I'm sure you guessed that from all the threads of 'distress' cause the layers didn't blend or the frosting stuck to the inside of the mold, etc. Just pour yourself a simple 3x3" with your favorite FO and go from there. And you are required to post a pic of your 1st pillar so we can all pat you on the back and encourage to make your 2nd;)

Start with a kit, because if it turns out to be not what you thought it would be like, you haven't invested much, plus you get a few things that can always be used to do something else with. And if you find you like it, then you can spend your $ on more supplies.