Lotion Bars

Guest EMercier

Guest EMercier

Is it possible to make a lotion bar without beeswax? I've been on the net looking for a recipe. Just wanted to know if this is possible and if so, does anyone know of a recipe? I wanted to try making these and see what happens. Thanks!

Umm...I don't know..,maybe...I don't much about soy wax but you might be able to use it...If you made a bar without wax it would be really soft and don't know how you would get it out of the mold...unless you are using dial up tubes but...once I was making them and messed up and added to little beeswax and they were just a little firmer than shea and would not come out of the lotion bar molds I use...so I want to say you can't but hey, someone else might have a different experience

HTH

Elle

Guest EMercier

Is beeswax the same type of wax that some may use to make candles? If so, I want to try it and I remember seeing Michael's and AC Moore has some.

Have you tried candellila wax (sp?) I've never used it, but I've heard it mentioned on the board for people who would prefer not to use beeswax. The only place I can remember for sure that carries it is WSP. HTH! Oh, and Hawaiian sun posted a wonderful recipe a while back- I think it was under "non-greasy lotion bar recipe." You could probably sub that wax for the beeswax.