Sara, you inspired me!!

Meridith

I loved the look so much of your Vanilla Vanilla blind swirl soap that I had to give it a try myself. I did a basic lard soap and used Vanilla Honey. It was very slow to trace and even when I add the FO; it didn't seize at all and traced rather nicely. I am hoping that I was able to get alot of swirling action going. This particular scent has never been tested in CP so I have no clue as to how it will turn out but am hoping that it will turn the soap very dark. I am using my clear plastic slab mold so I will have to straight cp it which means I have some time until I can use it. Darn it, another test of my patience. :P LOL

I took it out of the mold when I got home today. Only the top turned darker,and so far, you can't really see the swirls. I've never used these fos and they haven't been tested in cp. I'm not sure just how dark the soap will get. So far, it's not looking good but it smells wonderful.

Sara, to get that beautiful rich brown color in your soap, did you have to add any dyes or was it all the fo?

Not Sara, but most vanilla fo's will turn dark brown without any help, lol.

Well, that's what I thought so I used a honey vanilla FO hoping to get a dark color. I got the FOs a couple months ago from Supplies4Candles. They had a bunch of them on sale at really good prices. The ones I got are lotion and soap safe but haven't been cp tested. Instead of turning dark like I had hoped for, it's a cream color except the very top which is like a cardboard color.

Am I correct in thinking the top got a little darker than the rest of the soap because it gelled more?

Next time I will try either Pink Sugar or Nag Champa. I've heard PS turns dark and I know that Nag Champa does since I've soaped it a couple times.