Sharpening Wick Trimmers?

Anybody sharpen there trimmers. I can definatley tell the difference between my old one and the new one I just opened. Before I send my DH out to do it on his own (that just plain scares me...LOL....his a bit like Tim "the toolman" Taylor), anybody have some info on this. This are the nice ones the Carmen cooped.

Mine has a pivot point.... rivet that keeps it tight. When it gets loose I just lay it on a anvil and tap one end of the rivet with a hammer while the other rests on the anvil.

I think that mine would be almost impossible to sharpen, I use mine to trim all my wicks on finished candles and the one i have has done about 30,000 trims on nonburned wicks, i tap it about once every 4 months.

Bruce

Mine has a pivot point.... rivet that keeps it tight. When it gets loose I just lay it on a anvil and tap one end of the rivet with a hammer while the other rests on the anvil.

I think that mine would be almost impossible to sharpen, I use mine to trim all my wicks on finished candles and the one i have has done about 30,000 trims on nonburned wicks, i tap it about once every 4 months.

Bruce

Yup, mine has that pivot point too, will have to see if dh can do this for me. I use mine to trim all finished candles too, as well as my testers.

You probably are all referring to different types and makes of trimmers!

If I remember Carmen coop right, these are the same. The other brand I have seen also are made the same way with a rivet, so I am thinking they would tighten up the same way. It makes them like new again. Just make sure its laying flat on the anvil on the rivet when you hit the other side of the rivet. If you hit it too hard it will get too tight and you will have to put oil on it and open and close it several times.

Bruce