Vanilla Problems

Ok, thanks. I'll also put the info here in case others would like to jump in.

I'm using IGI 1274 wax for my 3 inch pillars using 24 ply wick.

I'm using CB-30 container wax for my 16oz. Apothecary Jars and would like to single wick if at all possible.

I have the following wicks for my jars:

HTP-1212

LX-30

62-52-18-Z

Also... Is Buttercream also very heavy and hard to wick like Vanilla is? What about other Vanillas like; Lavender Vanilla, Vanilla Passion etc...?

TIA!

~RF~

Surprising if wicking up doesn't work. How much FO are you using, and did you mix until it was completely dissolved? Some of the vanillas may take quite a while to incorporate.

I can try wicking up on my pillars, but can't wick up on my containers. I'm using the biggest wick I can find. I'd have to double wick, which I really really don't want to do.

I'm sure I mixed them long enough to incorporte. Isn't a couple minutes enough?

Oh... and I used .75 of an ounce per pound.

I can try wicking up on my pillars, but can't wick up on my containers. I'm using the biggest wick I can find. I'd have to double wick, which I really really don't want to do.

I'm sure I mixed them long enough to incorporte. Isn't a couple minutes enough?

Oh... and I used .75 of an ounce per pound.

So both the container and the pillar burn badly?

You may be SOL with this FO if you can't wick up on the container. On the other hand the pillar wicking seems way low.

What I meant about mixing is that certain vanilla FOs sink to the bottom when you add them to the wax and take a long time to incorporate. Just make sure that isn't happening.

Some people say that warming the FOs when using vanillas will help them mix easier. Some say it doesn't. For me it *seemed* to.

If you can mix in the FO before addind the dye, you can watch the bottom of the pour pot and see if the FO is incorporating or not. At worst, that will eliminate one possible problem.

I've used a lot of Peak's French Vanilla... seldom had any problems other than it crystalizing in cold weather. Sitting the bottle of FO in warm water will heat it enough to disolve the crystals.