smoking in candles

when i test my jar candle. i get a good nice burn for about one to two hours. i have this happen on alot of sizes i have tried.then when i do not blow them out and trim the wick i end up getting alot of smoke.i am useing zink core wicks but have tried the self triming ones allso.does this mean my wick is to large.when i go to a smaller one it takes a very long time to get a good melt pool.i have iga 4627 wax.love the scent throw on this wax but cant get the smoking under control.

I would try a few things like:

different wick sizes and types

or/and

cut back on some FO...

I use 4627 and 1.5 is not needed to make a strong candle. you may have too much FO. Try cutting back to 1oz to see if it smells the same to you (have an open mind, cause I used to think oh if it isn't 1.5oz it will suck---not true).

Plus if you are using 1.5oz and can get the same if not better throw with 1oz, you wont be wasting FO and saving money on the cost of the candle.

ETA: I use HTP in my 4627...Certain candles like the pumpkin jars from halloween, I had to use LX wicks. I know someone on this board uses zincs with their 4627 and it burns fine. Don't we all just love the testing part of candle making.... :-)