aroma bead- ornies

I have been testing these this summer with good luck, no falling off cord and scent staying good for 30 plus days. I gave 3 different ones to a family member and they told me the scent didn't last past a week, and one fell off the cord ( all in different cars) they thought will the cord one, the hole was too close to the edge. For those that have these, how long are you smelling them? In my cars I can still smell one in there since June 1st, not as strong, but can still smell it. I have made them both bumpy and smooth (by accident). I have thought about once the FO is absorbed to try and add for FO to see how much they can handle to get a stronger lasting scent. I love the look of them, but will the beads just in a bag last longer? The heating up process, I think, maybe taking the majority of the FO out.

thanks for any feedback

I make bags, jars and ornies. People love the ornies cause of the different designs, they get to choose. I put my cord at least a 1/2" from the top and never have a problem with it melting or cord falling off ( I'm in Hawaii)

Ornies scent have lasted up to 6 weeks for me, bags can go up to 3 months if you shake them every once in a while (bags you can also add a few drops of fo when the scent starts to fade)

I've left an ornie sitting in my car back window since May, just to see if it would melt and so far it's entact, (scent is gone, but I've sold some just by people seeing it :D My car sits in the sun all day, sometimes I don't drive for a couple of days so it gets hot in it.

I like ornies and bags best, the jars out in the open doesn't have that good a throw, but if put in a draw it works fine.

I also max out my fo in them 3oz beads/1oz fo , if after a week it's still wet I put a handful of beads in and shake shake shake :)

Aloha

I have been making and selling the ornies for about 1.5 years and the only ones that have had a problem were in Phoenix. My sis had hers fall the second day and my mom told me that hers got caught on the wrong side of the windshield cover and melted into the cover. It still smells great it is just misshapen. I have started building up the beads slightly over where the hole will be. They are lasting about 90 days or so.

HTH,

• 6 months later...