New Wooden Wicks

Anyone had a chance to experiment with Makesy’s new Ultimate Wood Wick line? Claims to be their most consistent line yet. I ordered a kit for 30 bucks, came with a decent amount of wicks and clips. First thing I checked was consistency of thickness between sizes and thankfully all seemed to have checked out. This was a big complaint for me in 2019 when I was dabbling with wood wicks, every kit I got had variations of thickness within the same size groupings, two identical wicks could have entirely different thicknesses. I stuck the smallest thickness (0.2) in a 6006 candle I had lying around and so far the burns have been consistent, albeit the flame size is a little too large for my liking, as I suspected would be the case. I’m considering ordering a few pounds of a wax that contains a little more soy content to hopefully combat the large flame size. I’d really like to find a way to make these wood wicks work, if anything just for personal at home use. 

TLDR: Does anyone have a good recommendation on a soy/parasoy wax that might play well with a wood wick?

• Like 1