Preferred FO percentages

Hi all, now I know every wax/wax blend has a max FO load, my question is more of a do you find better performance/HT from lower percentage over higher?  I am in the very early stages of candle making (make wax melts primarily) and in all of my research I have seen ppl say less is more(6-7%) but also see others discussing how they use 10% in all their blends so I am wondering for the experienced folks in here...what do you find works best?  I know it all comes down to testing but are you pouring 3-4 candles of the same scent/wax blend at 6, 7, 8, 9 etc?  Any and all advice is welcomed, I have been doing testing with so many different types of wax blends, have just about every wick series there is and just cant seem to nail it.  Bought a buddys candles in a 8oz square mason jar and it fills up my whole living space within half hour of being lit but none of the ones I have made have been able to get to that performance....frustrating to say the least..at least I can get my wax melts to that point, but candles...different story.