Cleveland IX Christmas Connection Show

MilosCandles

Last time I did this shows was about 5 years ago.  I would consider myself still a novice at a large show like this back then.  Last time I just made and brought stuff, no real plan, just bring stuff, lots of stuff.  I did well, but I was a little disappointed, had hope to do better so I didn't return.  Space cost is pricey, not for the volumes of people that will be there to buy xmas gifts. but they do like to nickel and dime you.  Vendor Parking passes, additional parking pass for my trailer, drive in pass, drive out pass and then if you need to rent anything like flooring, tables, chairs.  Add my cost to rent a trailer and hotel, plus meals.  Adds up.

This year I decided to try again. I would like to think I am a little more experienced, have some better ideas and hopefully a better plan and more organized. I will hopefully have well over 1000 candles with me at this show.  Close to double last time I went.  Very specific kind of candles.   I have a long week ahead of me this week to finish prepping and organizing.  I have a different display that I did last time.  A plan that will allow me to measure some sales metrics for future shows.  More of this,  less of that,  none of those.

There is part of me that hopes i have mediocre results again so I can just cross this off my list and be done with it.  LOL...   Then there is part of me I want to have great success and do more of these larger shows.  The number of shows I do now is very minimal, considering one year I did over 40 shows, now about 5-10 and generally start in Sept.  Just lots of work up front and spending lots of money on supplies the last few weeks.

The company that runs this show runs many shows across the country - https://www.marketplaceevents.com/our-shows
There is another couple holiday shows I would be interested in doing next year, ones that are a acceptable driving distance that is.  One of the problems I have is that my candles are such a "novelty" type gift that I get a lot of I bought one from you last time.  So limiting my shows in my area and heading to different areas helps with my sales.

20231108_215502.jpg

20231108_215458.jpg

20231108_215444.jpg