Might be a silly question, but...

Does anyone get much hot throw from tealights or one oz tins? Or are they more useful as cold throw samples? I ask because now that I've started making candles my family frequently asks for samples (trying to be supportive:smiley2: ). I'd like to send out these little one oz tins I have; they're so cute. And they smell wonderful when cold. But when lit they don't throw too well. I guess it's to be expected; they are very small. But it's a little disappointing.

I get tons of hot throw from my tealights. I live in a 2 story house and can light one tealight upstairs and can smell it all through the house. Also, I've never had a customer have a problem w/ the hot throw.

If you please, what wax are you using? I've tried Comfort and Harmony Blend and neither are giving the throw I'd like.:sad2:

Really, knowing the wax might not be that much help to you, the Fragrance oils, wick, coloring and other additives are just as important. Testing is your best friend. Hey, if everyone could make tealights that fill up a house, those that make a living from selling them would be out of a job... ;) Bruce

Well, I was doing very well with zinc core wicks and hot throw, but I don't like the mushrooming and all, so I switched over to TL 13 and I'm not sure they are performing as well. Oh, and on this recent batch I used 6% Peak's Cantaloupe FO and Harmony Blend. As I said before I'm getting lovely cold throw and poor hot throw.

Well, I was doing very well with zinc core wicks and hot throw, but I don't like the mushrooming and all, so I switched over to TL 13 and I'm not sure they are performing as well. Oh, and on this recent batch I used 6% Peak's Cantaloupe FO and Harmony Blend. As I said before I'm getting lovely cold throw and poor hot throw.
The FOs vary so much in their performance. If you change wick and FO at the same time you'll have a hard time figuring out which one might be the issue.

The FOs vary so much in their performance. If you change wick and FO at the same time you'll have a hard time figuring out which one might be the issue.

I've used this FO before in Harmony with zinc wicks. Only the wick has changed. The disappointing thing is I changed wicks because I was sure it would enhance the performance of the candle, and instead it has done the opposite. As I said, the zinc core was better in terms of hot throw, but even it wasn't fantastic. I could scent a small room, but never a two story house with one tealight.

I've used this FO before in Harmony with zinc wicks. Only the wick has changed. The disappointing thing is I changed wicks because I was sure it would enhance the performance of the candle, and instead it has done the opposite. As I said, the zinc core was better in terms of hot throw, but even it wasn't fantastic. I could scent a small room, but never a two story house with one tealight.
The throw could be affected by the wick type but also the size. Maybe you could try bigger or smaller. For instance, too big and your FO gets sucked up by the flame too fast. Hopefully you got a sample pack of TL to play with.

The throw could be affected by the wick type but also the size. Maybe you could try bigger or smaller. For instance, too big and your FO gets sucked up by the flame too fast. Hopefully you got a sample pack of TL to play with.

Thanks for the tip! I did get a sample pack of the TL and I'll try a different one. I hate to go back to the zinc core.