Gel Votives?

hank7fd

ok, ok...maybe a "stupid" question, i tried to search it but since i had no luck i thought "why not ask"...

how is it possible to get the wick pin out of the gel? what wicks do you use to ensure proper burn? what sort of burn times do you get on these?

full of questions...thanks to all who respond!

First the only way you are going to make a gel votive is in the votive cup itself.

A wick pin will rip the gel to shreds trying to get it out.

HD gel with out FO will stand alone but once you add FO it will very soon collapse so you will never get these to make a standard votive like you do in other waxes.

I was never one for calculating burn times I always have gone with quality of the burn.

As for wick it is going to depend on the votive container.

well thanks alot for all the information you have provided! Think I'm going to try pouring into the votive cup as suggested, i don't know why i thought votives could be made...maybe i seen that link that was posted on here before.

thanks again to all!

It's possible, just more expensive & time consuming... You need a special gel:

http://candlewic.com/store/Product.aspx?q=cclear+base,p659

That stuff is not gel. It is a pain in the butt to work with. I tested some of that when it first came out and was not thrilled with it. Also it is not totally clear it come in a yellow color so making and uncolored candle is not possible