Hello Everyone

Shay from SoIN

Welcome to the board. 

Strong fragrances (as well as softer ones) are available in tons of places.  The key is to test each fragrance in your specific wax or wax blend for cold and hot scent throw.  Give each blend some cure time before you judge throw.  I find most florals to be strong, reliable throwers.  I find most true vanillas to be more soft.  But again, you need to test each one yourself, as noses are different.  What one person considers overwhelming may be just right for you.  It can be somewhat subjective.

The ratio of fragrance to wax is determined by the scent load of the wax you use.  The manufacturer should give you information about scent load.  The suggested load may be six percent, for example, which is common.  Some waxes can hold a 9-10 percent fragrance load.  You'll need to check on that information before weighing out your ingredients. 

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Crafty1_AJ said:

Welcome to the board. 

Strong fragrances (as well as softer ones) are available in tons of places.  The key is to test each fragrance in your specific wax or wax blend for cold and hot scent throw.  Give each blend some cure time before you judge throw.  I find most florals to be strong, reliable throwers.  I find most true vanillas to be more soft.  But again, you need to test each one yourself, as noses are different.  What one person considers overwhelming may be just right for you.  It can be somewhat subjective.

The ratio of fragrance to wax is determined by the scent load of the wax you use.  The manufacturer should give you information about scent load.  The suggested load may be six percent, for example, which is common.  Some waxes can hold a 9-10 percent fragrance load.  You'll need to check on that information before weighing out your ingredients. 

Thank you so much for the response. We tried our first batch of melts/tarts and waited 24 hours. It's a vanilla, and it is soft but definitely present.