Anyone used this wax?

Anyone heard of "Millenium" soy wax by Enchanted Lites or used it? I'm just starting out with candle making and don't want to start with an unusable product. Or, what is a good soy wax that holds color and scent well that doesn't require additives? Doesn't have to be 100% soy, but I prefer it not to have any petroleum products in it. They claim that this wax controls frosting...

The product is at http://www.enchanted-lites.com/2a.htm

Thanks,

Todd

I believe there are some threads here on that soy. BTW welcome to the board! :)

Your best bet to start here is to use the Search function and read up on alot of the posts on the veggie wax forum. There is a wealth of information, and lots of great people who are very helpful, but it is good board etiquette to lurk, read, search first, then ask questions if you cannot find anything you're looking for. You could even start a thread and introduce yourself to everyone! We are a friendly but nutty bunch. ;)

geek

Hi and Welcome!!:wave:

I am using this Soy for my containers and tealights. Its not bad. I find it is easy to work with, but I do find that it frosts very easily!

The scent throw seems to be decent so far, of course all depending the FO but I'm still testing!!

Hope this helps a bit!!:)

Hi. It wasn't my favorite test wax, but some must really like it. It is a cost and a pain, but get several samples from different companies and try them for your own application. The search will give you a lot of info to go through, but might help you decide which to try. Many of the waxes are good, but do have their own specific drawbacks that people have learned to work around. And, as I have found, just because it works for one, not everyone gets the same results. (I am still trying to figure this one out) Hope you find what you are looking for. I am narrowing it down, but still testing and open to new options. Guess that is the joy of soy! LOL. Beth

Geekrunner... then I should fit in here just fine!:cool2:

I'm still trying to learn (at least by other's experiences) about the different types of waxes and the problems associated with them. Sounds like you just need to stick with a type/supplier (unless the wax supplier produces an inconsistent product or the like) and "learn" the wax.

It is odd that people are getting different results from the same wax. Seems like if you follow the directions that come with the wax you should get consistent results. Maybe it has something to do with the suppliers they are using for FO/color and the suppliers' ability to produce a consistent product?

I'm waiting on my FO to get here to try a test candle. Thought I'd start out with just FO and no color. Should cut down on the trial and error period I would think?