I finally registered my domain...now I need some ideas!!!

cozyaromas

I finally registered http://www.cozy-aromas.com, through yahoo small business for 2.99. I have a problem now, if you click on the link it will say under construction along with some other obnoxious links. Instead of saying under construction, I want it to say something about my up and coming business does anyone have any ideas??? I would kinda want it to be a calling card or an About me page until I fix it up, any ideas will be appreciated.

What you would need to do is upload a file with the information you want it to say. It would certainly look better that way. The way it looks now is the default when you haven't uploaded anything, and if someone else wanted that name, they wouldn't know if you are just sitting there or if you really have a site coming soon.

Registering is one thing but hosting is another. When you register your domain name, you are merely reserving that name so no one else can take it. When you have a company like yahoo host your domain, they charge a monthly fee and in return, they provide you with the tools and tutorials to get your web page up and running.

I registered at Yahoo as well. They have some templates when you sign in and you can change your page to a different background.

I just put for now, Site Under Construction...Come back soon

I also have my address (PO Box) and e-mail address on the page.

That takes that obnoxious page away! Then start working on your site.

Eventually, I want to start using it as a gallery before I start the e-commerce site.

HTH!

Well I am changing my domain from yahoo to another company and it is a pain to switch.I tried myself and all seemed fine but it wasn't with the new host.So now my former Under Construction says This page cannot be displayed which upsets me becsause I asked that it be forwarded to the new company.Like re-direct people to my new website.It was supposed to do that.I am calling them now and see what is going on and switching.Move domain somewhere else. Then do my website.

LynnS

Thanks, I just discovered the templates, so now my page, won't look so plain. I think I will put up some basic info, until I'm ready to start an actual website. For right now it will be similar to a business or calling card to let others now about my company.

I registered at Yahoo as well. They have some templates when you sign in and you can change your page to a different background.

I just put for now, Site Under Construction...Come back soon

I also have my address (PO Box) and e-mail address on the page.

That takes that obnoxious page away! Then start working on your site.

Eventually, I want to start using it as a gallery before I start the e-commerce site.

HTH!