Tips on shipping wax dipped bears?

I have only shipped one wax dipped bear ....and it was to my mom...she did have to "fluff" him up when he arrived.

Wondering if anyone has any tips on shipping these cute little guys.

I package my bears in a cello bag...

any tips would be GREAT!

Thanks so much!

I'd love to have any expert advice too. I sent one to my MIL and she says it came out well, but I'm not sure that she wasn't trying not to hurt my feelings, lol. I have to make and send one to a customer this week, so any advice would be much appreciated. When I mailed mine, I used a lot of brown paper and some peanuts.

Well, I haven't shipped a ton of them, but I have shipped maybe a couple dozen orders? Including a box of 5 from here in the US "across the pond" to the UK. Everyone has told me they arrived in great shape, including those to the UK, no fluffing/combing needed. In fact, she placed an order for 6 more! :)

I think the key is to get them so they have a little movement in the packaging/box, but not too much.

I package all my bears in polypro bags, no plate or anything. I use a flat polypro bag that is pretty big (14" wide for the 7.5 size bear), and then fold the extra sides and tape underneath to kind of make a gusset. I like this better than actual gussetted bags, becuase I can make them a little bigger or smaller to fit the bears pretty snug.

Once packaged, I then used bubble wrap (with the small bubbles) and wrapped around it twice, not too tight but snug, then tucked over the top and bottom and tape well. I line the box with bubble wrap, and use extra bubble wrap around it to keep from moving around too much- but still have a small amount of movement in the box. I try to find a box size too that fits well, so they can sit upright and not be crushed if the box gets smashed a bit by the shipper (like boxes tend to sometimes....).

I shipped some that had santa hats & scarves and a package sitting in their little paws, and they said that the package was still in place when they got there.

Bravo had good points in shipping. You can also use the packing peanuts. Those work really well to keep things from moving around. You can just recycle the peanuts you get in your shippments or you can get big bags of em at most office supply stores like Staples. Just thougth I would add that to the topic :)

Thank you all for the tips..

Here is what I did

I put peanuts in the bottom of the box..and moved them higher on one side....then I took my bear and placed up looking up at me.so he is at an angle with is head higher...then I put some bubble wrap over him and a few more peanuts .

So hopefully once he gets to his destination....they will open the box and remove the bubble wrap to find their sweet new AWESOME smellin bear.(in good shape) LOL