Just a heads up about 8oz jelly jars

They are starting to come back in stock frequently which is good, but I would avoid any that are from Arkansas Glass. I’ve received hundreds the last couple months from CandleScience and recently Aztec, they were all from there. 20-25% of them have horrible defects. All kinds of weird cracking, pitting, serious warping, they’re just utter crap. And it’s not from shipping damage. I’ve used jelly jars for years and not had problems this bad before. The fact that the problems are consistent in every box from all the different orders I have of them tell me there’s some serious ongoing QC issues at this Arkansas Glass place.

I know suppliers don’t share where they buy supplies from, but if you explain that you want to avoid that glass company then they should at least tell you that.

just a heads up.

• Like 2

On 3/17/2021 at 1:41 PM, smoogen said:

Have you reached out to the supplier to address this issue? What did they say about it?

CandleScience were fast in refunding me for the amount of damaged ones after seeing pictures, and included the shipping cost so if I wanted to buy more I'd not be out of anything (very cool).

Aztec were a little bit slow responding, but they sent me replacements which I thought was weird I thought they just gave you a credit instead. Not that that is a bad thing usually, but I know in the replacements I'm gonna have more defective ones and it will end up just going round in circles again. 

I'm hoping this 'Arkansas Glass' place is just a temporary solution for the shortage. I'd never seen jelly jars from this place until late last year.

• Like 2