How much change do you take to shows?

Sherl

Have my first craft show coming up and would like an idea of how much change to take. The show runs 3000-5000 people if that will help. Thanks.

I usually carry enough to break a fifty 2x's so if my merch was 20 I would carry 60 plus coin.

I also usually have a friend that can watch the stand or go get more change if needed

I take about $200. Mostly quarters, $1s and $5s, 1 or 2 $20s. All my stuff is even dollars, we don't have sales tax, and if I don't take votives, I don't really need the quarters either.

That's for a 3 day show, though. I've taken $150 and been fine for a 1 day show. The real trick is those first customers straight from the ATM with $20 bills. Figure out what you think a customer would usually buy, figure the change, and bring enough so you can handle 5 customers like that.

After that you'll be pulling in enuf small stuff to keep up.

Like Robin said, after the first few customers you're usually okay--I take $100, broken down into 50 ones, 6 fives, and 2 rolls of quarters.

I add my tax into my prices for shows and round it so I don't have to take pennies, nickels, and dimes.