Homemade Linen spray base

penney

are you planning this for personal use or sale?

for personal use you can use the distilled water/vodka recipe..

my grandma made her own without alcohol.. (she used rain water and fresh lavendar;) )

if you are planning to sell.. you need to check out cyclo or formulators alcohol.

:highfive: Thanks for a reply!I wanted to sell it.I am buying the amber plastic bottles,so I don't have to worry about the cloudiness showing thru.But-I hate paying $12.00 + shipping )o:for the base,when I wish I could just make my own.I did a lil research & heard about the alcohol & not being able to send that in the mail....So then I saw a recipe for distilled water & witch hazel.Then I saw another recipe using polysorbate 20-don't know what that is??? Where would I find that???? Drug store,Wal-mart???Then I did see something about the cyclo,but didn't know what the heck that was or where I would buy that???Any info on where to buy the polysorbate20 or the cyclo thingy you're talking about (or the formulators alcohol thingy) or an explanation of what this stuff is would be appreciated!:) Thanks for any help! Penney

Penney,

CHeck out websites that carry B&B supplies like WSP, KangarooBlue, etc. Most of these sites even have recipe pages as well as discriptions of what some of these items are used for. You could always Google, I bet that would help bring up a lot of info. Sorry but I am way to much of a novice in the B&B department to even try to explain things myself, the info would probably be wrong. HTH

:highfive: Thanks for a reply!I wanted to sell it.I am buying the amber plastic bottles,so I don't have to worry about the cloudiness showing thru.But-I hate paying $12.00 + shipping )o:for the base,when I wish I could just make my own.I did a lil research & heard about the alcohol & not being able to send that in the mail....So then I saw a recipe for distilled water & witch hazel.Then I saw another recipe using polysorbate 20-don't know what that is??? Where would I find that???? Drug store,Wal-mart???Then I did see something about the cyclo,but didn't know what the heck that was or where I would buy that???Any info on where to buy the polysorbate20 or the cyclo thingy you're talking about (or the formulators alcohol thingy) or an explanation of what this stuff is would be appreciated!:) Thanks for any help! Penney

Polysorbate 20 is an emulsifying agent that allows oil to dissolve with water.

here is a good site with recipes.

http://www.snowdriftfarm.com/form_sprays.html

If I was going to sell it, I'd be sure and put a preservative in it. Even if it's "Linen" spray it could still get in contact with the skin and you could run into all kinds of problems.

cyclo or a linen base is what I use. I started out with the water, WH recipe than when I decided to sell my sprays, I switched to cyclo

Better to be safe than sorry.

IMO

Good luck

I got this off a website, but I have not tried it yet:

4 oz of Ethyl Alcohol - Use plain, unflavored Vodka

24 oz of DISTILLED water - this will prevent clouding, tap water will

cause a cloudy product that will not spray properly

1 tsp. of Fragrance Oil - be sure that it is skin safe

Mix the Ethyl Alcohol and the fragrance oil. Shake or stir well to combine.

Slowly add the mixture to the Distilled Water. Mix to combine well.

...and that's it.

Why can't you send alcohol through the mail?

...and what is Cyclo?

If you do this, let me know how it turns out.

Good Luck,

Fern-Marie

• 2 weeks later...