Help with reading the IFRA

droidus

I bought some fragrances, and wanted to make candles and body lotions from them, but was wondering: a) If I can use these fragrances in the products, and b) How much of it  can I have in them?  Is there anything else I need to take into consideration? 

From this picture, for the lotions, it says 1.07%.  What does this mean?  Does this mean, of the total product, only 1.07% can be fragrance, at max? 

Screenshot from 2019-10-13 09-14-25.png

The chart shows the highest limit Of the ingredient of the whole product. 

so, yes, you are I think reading correctly.

example: category 2, deodorant. Let’s say for easy math you have 100 grams of deodorant, category 2. That particular scent can only be 0.47% of the whole bottle, or 0.47 grams max. 

IFRA limits are set by individual components within the blend. if you are combining fragrances/essential oils, you have too consider the WHOLE amount of the mix of fragrance components. Example: if two or more of the fragrances you want to add contain that item that limits the deodorant to 0.47%, the overall total of the combination for the deodorant is still 0.47%. 

On 10/13/2019 at 11:13 AM, TallTayl said:

example: category 2, deodorant. Let’s say for easy math you have 100 grams of deodorant, category 2. That particular scent can only be 0.47% of the whole bottle, or 0.47 grams max. 

IFRA limits are set by individual components within the blend. if you are combining fragrances/essential oils, you have too consider the WHOLE amount of the mix of fragrance components. Example: if two or more of the fragrances you want to add contain that item that limits the deodorant to 0.47%, the overall total of the combination for the deodorant is still 0.47%. 

That doesn't seem like a lot.  How are these amounts determined?  Is it for human safety, since it would be applied to the skin directly?