Small cloudy layer on bottom of vessel soon after pouring?

Hi all!
Fiance and I are very new to this, but are trying our best to do our diligence and understand what goes into making an awesome, high quality candle.  Tonight, we are trying our new wax (Wooden Wick/Lab & Co.'s) Coco Apricot, as well as one of their fragrances. After we poured, we noticed a thin, cloudy layer at the bottom of the vessel on only about half the side.  We're unsure as to what this is.  Is it just the candle cooling?

To better assist, this was our process for this test candle:

Melt wax, stabilizing between 180-190 degrees (7oz)

Utilize 9% fragrance load (0.63oz)

One wax was stabilized, we poured in, keeping it in the 180-90 range for 2.5 minutes while we stirred and immediatley pouring after

Vessel & Wick:

2.88" diameter, 3.5" height

0.20 x 0.20 Booster Wooden Wick, 4" H, 3/8" W.

Any advice on our process would be great! If anyone happens to have experience with this wax/their company fragrances, we'd love some pointers!

1.jpg

2.jpg

16 minutes ago, pughaus said:

That cloudiness is just the candle cooling and part of the process of solidifying from clear to cloudy to slushy looking translucency to solid.  

Thanks for the reply!  Does that mean we poured too cool? Our thermometer was reading about 184 when we poured.. hm.  Never had wax cool that fast.

27 minutes ago, TheNovice said:

Thanks for the reply!  Does that mean we poured too cool? Our thermometer was reading about 184 when we poured.. hm.  Never had wax cool that fast.

The Lab Co coco wax is the fastest- to- set -up wax I've used. It starts to cool/cloud up almost immediately after pouring.  Your pour temp is fine.  You can pour it cooler too- 155- 170 ish.  It's a very forgiving wax wrt to pour temps.  It's hard not to make a perfect looking candle with their waxes.  

9 minutes ago, pughaus said:

The Lab Co coco wax is the fastest- to- set -up wax I've used. It starts to cool/cloud up almost immediately after pouring.  Your pour temp is fine.  You can pour it cooler too- 155- 170 ish.  It's a very forgiving wax wrt to pour temps.  It's hard not to make a perfect looking candle with their waxes.  

I'm assuming you've used them before?  How about their fragrance?  What FO load % would you recommend? Any specific amount of time you let your candles cure for before burning?  Trying to get the most optimal hot throw..

I've only bought a couple of sample FOs from them. They're too expensive to play around with IMO and they don't make sampling easy or inexpensive.

I've used their coco para soy wax, but not the apricot one so I can't speak to that.

The coco wax is, like I said, very easy to pour at almost any temp and will give you smooth creamy candles with perfect adhesion ( until you burn it, that is) It's also very soft and liquifies very quickly when burning. Never saw a sink hole.  It's such a soft wax, they are not an issue.  It's a great beginner wax I think, because of its ease of use.
I had to get used to a fast and deep MP, especially in narrower containers like an 8 oz straight jar.

I found it benefits from a 1 week cure or more- not for throw so much, but for accurate wick testing.   With some FOs a wick down 1 size was needed on candles that had longer to cure.
If I had to re engineer the Lab Co wax, I'd add more soy  to it and a bit less coconut oil.  
The Lab Co is  a little too soft and quick to liquify for my taste.  It's so soft it could double as a hand creme. LOL  It's not much different from straight Coconut OIl 92.
However in wider containers that easy to melt quality can be a plus!

You do not need to use 9% FO--  you will have a much easier time wicking and getting a nice, clean burn with 6, 7 , 8% tops. 

That's all I got!

Edited by pughaus