J50 FO load

6% (about 1oz/lb) is pretty standard for most container waxes.

You can check the specs on that wax at Astorlite's website, if I remember correctly, it held up to 9%. However, when I used J50, I never needed more than 6%.

J50 can hold up to 9%, but I only use 6% with almost all my FOs. I tested J50 against J223, J300, 4627 and 4630. J50 had the best scent throw, with the exception of 627 (comfort blend). The 4627 had an awesome throw, but was much harder to wick. J50 is easy to wick and at 6%, I get a great throw. 4% just isn't quite enough, imho. Try going up to 6% and see how your throw is after that.

I agree with Angela. I use J50 too and usually use about 6-7%. No need for anymore, except with really light scents. You can up it then, but it's very rare that you would need too.

Many of the floral FOs are "light", but at 6% they throw really well. It's just that they aren't knock-you-out strong, which is good. Sometimes, less is more. And with the lighter scents, you can get a more subtle aroma that still throws well in the home. Hope this makes sense. I guess it's more about quality, than quantity.

But I generally go by the rule that if I need to put in more than 6%, than that FO just isn't strong enough for me. There are plenty of other FOs out there that throw wonderfully at 6%.