Hot Wax "Glue" Pieces on Pillars?

Wondering if anyone here has done this with success, before I order some molds.

So this sounds legit in theory, but again just want to ask first lol..

If I make little flat wax pieces using silicone molds, and then dip the flat-smooth backs of the pieces in very hot wax, can I sort of "glue" them (using the hot wax) to a pillar candle? Will they actually stick and not fall off, if I do it well? (Such as not trying to use pieces that are too large, using enough hot wax as adhesive, holding them in place long enough, etc)

I'm making candles for everyone for Christmas this year, I imagine everyone has about had enough lotion bars for a while haha. 

I have a very basic plain pillar mold and want to spiff up the pillars a bit, so was contemplating this idea of trying to wax-glue some flattish leaves, flowers, snowflakes, etc onto them. 

Another idea I had for an aunt who loves cinnamon scents, was to do a cinnamon scented pillar candle, and then try to "wax glue" some wax cinnamon sticks around it, after I found this silicone cinnamon sticks embed mold.

Would this actually work, does anyone know?

Sorry no one has responded. 

You can make your pieces, but if they're going on the outside of your mold, they need to conform to the mold to stick better. 

They can be formed to get to that curvature by placing on a warm to hot mold (careful the wax will drip and run). The thing about gluing them to the candle is it's a possibility so don't give up. Everything takes tinkering to get it just right. You might support your stick to the mold though with a coach of sticky wax on the back of the pieces you're gluing. In my experience,  more than a dip in hot wax and pressing wasn't a strong enough bond. I got sticky wax (like what is used to get tapers to stand up and still in candle holders ... I think Hobby Lobby sells it still) to try it out and then got distracted by something else I wanted to do. 

On 10/7/2018 at 7:35 PM, NaughtyNancy said:

I have a very basic plain pillar mold and want to spiff up the pillars a bit, so was contemplating this idea of trying to wax-glue some flattish leaves, flowers, snowflakes, etc onto them. 

Another idea I had for an aunt who loves cinnamon scents, was to do a cinnamon scented pillar candle, and then try to "wax glue" some wax cinnamon sticks around it, after I found this silicone cinnamon sticks embed mold.

Would this actually work, does anyone know?

Leaves on a flat surface ... it will work. 

Cinnamon sticks around a scented pillar candle ... it will work. As long as you don't use the real cinnamon sticks and the pillar doesn't get too hot to melt off the stuck-to-it items ... it will work. Real cinnamon sticks will be a fire hazard potential. Depends on the size of the mold. If you want to get a big fat round mold and waste a lot of wax, you can embed the real cinnamon sticks and have decorative candle. Just under wick it. I have a mold that I don't think even the fattest wick out there could get to the outside. It should have been a multi-wicker, not just a solo hole.