Intrigued because of bad reviews (Lone Star Yuletide)...

Darbla

I have not tried it, and this probably won't help a bit, but Aztec used to sell a fragrance called Yule Log.  I don't really remember how they described it, but something makes me think it was similar.  It was an earthy woody scent.  The orange was there in the background, but it was hard to pick up.  I think maybe it had a bit of patch.  It had a little of a musty smell in that barnwood type of way.  Sounds terrible, but I liked it enough to buy a pound because it reminded me exactly of going to my great grandparents house on Christmas.  Not that it was what I would consider a holiday scent at all.  Just something about it struck that nostalgia for me.  I have a # bottle of it around here somewhere.  I never made anything to sell with it because no one else like it.

LS's may be a totally different scent, but for some reason I want to think it is the same or similar.

There is a discontinued perfume oil, that I would buy by the gallon if I could, that I am always trying to reproduce.  Every orangey Christmas scent makes me stop and stare because this discontinued perfume smelled a lot like our orangey / clovey / Christmasy scents.  The description doesn't sound like it would exactly, but it does; the mulled wine and the woods and bayberry make it really Christmasy.  This is the description of it:

"Spicy mulled wine flowing through the musky heat, warm leather and bright clash of armor, the damp branches of Cornish hawthorn, blackthorn, juniper, English elm and bayberry, and the magical tingle of dragon's blood resin."

Tintagel from BPAL

I picked this up during the 50% off  1oz sale because I  was also curious of the bad reviews. Oob it's really not that bad. Cedar-y. A hint of orange. Nothing amazing but I certainly don't find it bad. I think it would work well as a mixer or if someone is just looking for a simple, non-complex scent. I'll probably make a few small candles of it and see how I like it.

Testing this out via candle right now! I think I may have to play around with the wick size to get a bit of a better throw out of it.  But, the orange is definitely more prominent. It's still fairly light and simple. It's fairly pleasant. I like it!