? on using goat's milk powder

mysticglow

I am making a batch of OMH soap and want to add GM to it. Now I'm wondering if this is ok to do. I had planned to add the ground oats and GM powder together at trace. Will this be ok? Or should I dilute it with a bit of water? I am just hesitant because of what I've read about milks and honey heating up. Suggestions?? :o:confused: TIA, Judy

I made a batch of goats milk soap using powdered goats milk. I took about a 1lb or so of the melted oils and added it to my goats milk and stick blended it. Then, I added my lye to the rest of my oils and mixed with the stick blender and then added my goats milk mixture to the rest of the batch with the lye in it. I did this as cphp.

Well it might work but it has to be diluted some how, I would dilute it , strain it, stick blend it with the oils, work with cool temps, and then add the oats later, just to be on the safe side. You want to add the oats at thick trace so they don't all sink to the bottom after you pour, if for some reason the batch traces quickly you won't have to worry about adding 2 things, one at light trace and one at thick trace. Hope this Helps

Well it might work but it has to be diluted some how, I would dilute it , strain it, stick blend it with the oils, work with cool temps, and then add the oats later, just to be on the safe side. You want to add the oats at thick trace so they don't all sink to the bottom after you pour, if for some reason the batch traces quickly you won't have to worry about adding 2 things, one at light trace and one at thick trace. Hope this Helps

Got it. ;)

You guys are always so helpful. Thanks so much for the guidance.