Anyone?

51 minutes ago, Grungedoll said:

Or if anyone has an opinion on 6006 that would be helpful as well. :)

I personally like IGI 6006, I haven't had issues with HT however most of the scents I use are pretty strong. I have heard of a few scents not working well with it, but not sure which ones.

I have never used Joy Wax, so I have no clue how it is. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tokoo said:

I personally like IGI 6006, I haven't had issues with HT however most of the scents I use are pretty strong. I have heard of a few scents not working well with it, but not sure which ones.

I have never used Joy Wax, so I have no clue how it is. 

What scents are you using? And what wicks?

When I first started making candles a couple years ago, I got a slab of Joy wax and I really liked it. Then I switched over to Candlewic's CBL 125 and I LOVE that. I recently got a slab of Joy wax again to play around with, and I have to say I was not pleased with its performance at all. I have never used 6006, but I do use and like Candlewic's CBL 130, which is a similar parasoy blend. Comparing the 130 to the Joy wax, the Joy wax exhibits more sooting, poor wick performance, and greatly reduced hot throw. Obviously I had lower standards when I was first starting out, lol.

If you are looking for a parasoy blend to try, I think Candlewic's CBL 130 is an excellent wax. Just my experience!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sarah S said:

When I first started making candles a couple years ago, I got a slab of Joy wax and I really liked it. Then I switched over to Candlewic's CBL 125 and I LOVE that. I recently got a slab of Joy wax again to play around with, and I have to say I was not pleased with its performance at all. I have never used 6006, but I do use and like Candlewic's CBL 130, which is a similar parasoy blend. Comparing the 130 to the Joy wax, the Joy wax exhibits more sooting, poor wick performance, and greatly reduced hot throw. Obviously I had lower standards when I was first starting out, lol.

If you are looking for a parasoy blend to try, I think Candlewic's CBL 130 is an excellent wax. Just my experience!

I’ll definitely have to look into that! Thank you! Do you feel that you get the best hot throw from it? What wicks do you use?

3 hours ago, Grungedoll said:

What scents are you using? And what wicks?

Right now I am experimenting with ECO but I plan on trying CD's and see how they work. I have been using The Flaming Candles FO Fruit Loops, Glowing Amber, and Butt Naked. Like Sarah said cbl 130 and 6006 are similar.

• Like 1