fragrance adding temp

Hello, I read the board often, but this is my first time writing to you. I read in a post that soy wax has very natural binding properties and that is why some fragrance oils do not work.

If this is so, why do we add the fragrance at the higher temp (170-175) to bind it with the wax?

Debi

Hmmm...well, it seems to me that it has to bind to the wax in the context of holding it so it does not sweat out. Which may explain why most soy wax can hold 9-10% FO load while paraffin blend container wax can only hold ab 6%. Now it is possible for a waxt bind, butin the context of latching on and not releasing when burned, but that's beyond my wax intelligence.

I use MC soy, GW415, and they recommend heating to 185, then cooling a bit and adding FO at 175. Just from what I learned from chemistry in college, molecules of substance vibrate when heated, and the heating helps things bind on a molecular level, with all the electrons spinning about their respective protons and neutrons. I'm getting dizzy...

geek