straight 4627

Is anyone using just straight 4627? All the post I see, everyone is adding this and that. Oh my goodness, didnt realize it would be so hard to get out of the box...has anyone invented a electric heated spoon big enough to maybe use? Just poured and testing with zinc wick. Just lit, so far so good.

candle pic of votives.jpg

Edited by LRcandles
added pic.

So , I went back back quite a few years and found good info. on this wax. Thank God for archives! After a hour ,blew the wick out (using zinc) and there was a small mushroom. Waited a bit, trimmed wick and lit. Good HT. Im using Carrot Cake. Will probably add a drop or two more color. 

I have an electric heated knife I bought umpteen years ago to cut up my gel, turns out it's just as easy to cut with scissors or rip apart. 

What size wick are you using? Looks like the farther down it burns the hotter that candle will get, especially if your melt pool is that big after only an hour. But I also can't tell really, what size candle that is. Looks a little bigger than a votive, so it actually may be fine. Just keep an eye on it. 

• Like 1

It is a straight sided votive.Smallest zinc I know of 44-28-18. As far as MP, it was fine. The mushroom got to me though. I`ll use a C8 or 10 tomorrow. I can see why adding a harder wax now. I am just not into making my own blend. I`ll use this up for containers and not buy again. I read a post a few years back,yesterday. The guy just open  4627`s plastic all the way down to the sides and then sliced it. Easier by far.