16 ounce apothecary jars

5 hours ago, moonshine said:

I don't have a ton of experience with blended waxes - I started with soy 10 years ago and just recently the last couple of years have started playing with parasoys and other blends along with palm 

what I'm finding is soy alone is so Much easier to wick BUT that's what I know- this is a learning curve for me adding different waxes and you have to take the melt point of each into consideration when choosing your wicks 

with the changes in soy lately it's throwing everything off - I have to wick down now at least  1 size in my jar, parasoy has always taken a smaller wick for me and when you throw in Palm or bees those are harder to burn so it's a balancing act and I always test with 2 sizes to get a starting point in new blends - that 16 ounce jar above I did single wicked is a dud....it's shoots black soot like crazy so it will need to be double wicked when I get back around to it 😂

oh don't you just love it?! My house looks like a funeral home with all of the candles in it! LOL  We are having the same problems over here too with waxes ... 464 seems to be different and everyone has been waiting for the new Advanced. Now a few have tried it  , the expectations are dashed. The blend I tested had palm and paraffin in it and yes , it is a harder wax. I don't know how to wick it though because the flame was fairly big . maybe I will try a different type of wick that is bigger , but less vigorous if that's possible!

Ha - my house looks like a graveyard of complete fails 😂 I have dozens upon dozens of testers of blends that I haven't even finished burning yet 

What jar are you using and what palm and paraffin with what ratios?

I am loving RRD wicks with anything paraffin - palm or bees so far so maybe I can help with a starting point for your jar