Dear Self, That Was Dumb.

Do you have any "room" (percentage-wise) to add anything else to this wax? 

I just finished up some candles for my "Sandalwood or Sandalwood-mixes" customer -- a couple of the mixes were cinnamon and vanilla.

Then I got bored -- two others were the sandalwood mixed with mango and the other with pineapple.  I'm surprised!

Maybe if it's possible to add anything to your mix, you could try a tropical fruit.

Edited by birdcharm
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, birdcharm said:

Do you have any "room" (percentage-wise) to add anything else to this wax? 

I just finished up some candles for my "Sandalwood or Sandalwood-mixes" customer -- a couple of the mixes were cinnamon and vanilla.

Then I got bored -- two others were the sandalwood mixed with mango and the other with pineapple.  I'm surprised!

Maybe if it's possible to add anything to your mix, you could try a tropical fruit.

So funny you said that because it smells a lot like fruit punch to me, but it also smells like a Yankee Candle I've smelled before. I would have to remelt it and add more wax. It's very strong as it is. (Can I even do that?)  My daughter smelled it- I didn't tell her anything about it-and she said, "This smells just like a Yankee Candle." I asked which one, but she couldn't remember, either. So, I apparently have a dupe for a Yankee Candle that I can't name. So, maybe I'll call it, "Name That Candle."

I did think of cutting with with vanilla and maybe cinnamon. Are you psychic?

I feel your pain. A few days ago I was tired and added too little FO to a batch. I keep a 'how much' chart in my work area for the amount of wax I am working with, and failed to do the correct simple math. Not as complex a problem as yours. Mine turned out OK however. I was afraid that I was going to have to remelt them and add more, but instead I just added a bit more FO to the second pour. They are just for me or give-aways, so that's not too large a crime. But I really did hate making a silly mistake like that.

• Like 1

Or it was genius! About 4 years ago, I was rushing out to dinner and quickly poured the last of what I needed to pour and only later did I discover I made a mix up in oil bottles. I decided to try one after my first instinct was to throw it out. As it turns out, it was good and now is one of my top selling blends! So, you just never know... 

19 minutes ago, justajesuschick said:

Or it was genius! About 4 years ago, I was rushing out to dinner and quickly poured the last of what I needed to pour and only later did I discover I made a mix up in oil bottles. I decided to try one after my first instinct was to throw it out. As it turns out, it was good and now is one of my top selling blends! So, you just never know... 

What was it? Or is it top secret?

Mishap Update: I stopped hating it.

It actually smells...good! It had to take a lil' nap and now it's nice and mellow. I think it smells like a feminine, berry cocktail. The thing is, I freaked out at the last minute and added a bit more wax and a some of the french vanilla and I have no idea how much I added. It's a Panic Candle. And also a mystery. I can see people who like berry scents really liking this. My daughter does. It has that Yankee/BBW thing going on. It' so familiar. Can you smell it through the screen and tell me what it is? Something with raspberries.