Any info on a candle conference in NJ, PA, NY, DE, or MD?

Guest EMercier

Guest EMercier

Does anyone have any information on any candle and soaping conferences in these states? Just would like to attend one or two this year. Thanks!

Does anyone have any information on any candle and soaping conferences in these states? Just would like to attend one or two this year. Thanks!

Nope, but we got one in OHIO on June 3rd. Some peeps from PA came a few years ago. You could make a weekend out of it to make it worth your while. We have a great time.

Check out the site at www.midwesternchandlers.com

T

Guest EMercier

I thought I saw someone here say there was a conference in NJ last year. Jersey is close. I drove to Columbus, OH last summer and was not at all thrilled going through the PA mountains. I was looking for something closer. I mean there are candle makers that don't live down south or the midwest. I might have to mention this to candles and supplies and get them to do one. That's a 25-30 min drive for me to Quakertown! :D

We have alot of suppliers in this area- candles&supplies, candlewic, farmhouse,longwyck, FOH, RA, plus I am sure other- I just can't think of. who normally puts these on..the suppliers or a general person. I would love to do something to help if we have one. I'm in NW NJ .

Meredyth

Guest EMercier

No, I didn't see anything about a swap on their website. I just placed an order last night and didn't see anything, but then again, wasnt looking that hard. There are a good amount of candle places around here. I just don't do Candlewic, because they are in Doylestown and it took a good drive to get there, maybe because I got lost! Also, they are only open during certain times and I took a day off to get there and their minimum for shipping is $25 and it might not go out that day. I must say though, that their Strawberry Daiquiri Scent is SOOO GOOD! I drove all the way up there for that. Candles and Supplies is open on Saturdays (August or September - March) and until 5 on the weekday. Saturdays are very easy for me to pick stuff up and make it Saturday and Sunday. Also, normally if you order by a certain time, my order goes out the same day and I can get it in a day or two.

EMercier, on the Midwestern Chandlers site, the last button on the bottom left is something like "swaps, co-ops, garage sale" it says in there that they will be having a max. 5 item swap, bring up to 5 items, valued between $6-8, and swap w/ your fellow chandlers, and or B&B makers.

There are lots of suppliers in the Ohio area, from what I've seen, and Heartfelt has already signed on, cool if becky from JS would be there, MillCreek is also in Ohio, as I recall...wouldn't it be cool to get some samples!

Man, I hope it works out that my partner and I can go, I'd love to see you all there!:cool2:

Hey Everyone,

Just to let you know, the convention is a blast. We have a great time. My husband and I always come up on Friday and go out "on the town". The hotel is great. Last year we went to the hotel bar that had a live band.

But, the real reason to come is for the info and networking. NOt to mention door prizes and goodie bags. Last year alone, I think each goodie bag contained at least 20 fragrance samples. Plus, there are suppliers there so no shipping. We can also co-op to get great deals from suppliers. I would be willing to pick things up from WSP (if its not too much) or NG to save everyone on shipping. I actually live smack dab in the middle of the two suppliers.

Last year between hubby and I we got:

40 1oz. samples (20 each)

2 lbs. of FO from Lebermuth

samples of soap

votive molds

coupons gallore from suppliers

the list goes on.... it was 7 months ago so hard to remember everything.

Plus, you have the fo right there to purchase and smell first hand.

And, not to mention all the great topics.

I think it would be well worth the drive from PA.

We are currently accepting suggestions for presentations. Drop me a line. Or visit our website at www.midwesternchandlers.com to find out more.

Take care,

Terri

OMG, I am SO there! T, how many suppliers signed up so far? may be a stupid question, but when I checked out the site a few days ago, I only saw Heartfelt? (Which is Great, always love to try out new suppliers, but curiuos as to like, how many end up being there?)

My partner and I alre already making our plans, it will be an over 6 hr. drive for us, but she drives down to Ft. Myers every summer so, that amnt. of driving is no biggie to her, thank God, cause i am not big on driving!

We are probably going to drive in early Sat. AM and stay till Sun. am.

When would you recommend booking the room? I mean, we're talking over 5 months from now....

OMG, I am SO there! T, how many suppliers signed up so far? may be a stupid question, but when I checked out the site a few days ago, I only saw Heartfelt? (Which is Great, always love to try out new suppliers, but curiuos as to like, how many end up being there?)

My partner and I alre already making our plans, it will be an over 6 hr. drive for us, but she drives down to Ft. Myers every summer so, that amnt. of driving is no biggie to her, thank God, cause i am not big on driving!

We are probably going to drive in early Sat. AM and stay till Sun. am.

When would you recommend booking the room? I mean, we're talking over 5 months from now....

WOO HOO!:yay: :yay: :yay: Book as soon as you want. The hotel is already booked for the room. Make sure to tell them you are with the midwestern chandlers to get a good rate. I promise you it is so much fun. You should come Friday too. We have a great time when we go out.

I am not sure about suppliers. I think Gena has to get in touch with them. It is a great networking opportuntity. We learn so much every year!

T

I just figured out that its my ex's weekend with my son on June 3rd. I hope he doesn't want to switch it again. If not then I'm there.

Now to figure out who to take that isn't a drag, who wont get lost and how I'm going to save some money to spend.

I can't wait to meet all of you,

Mindy :)