Curing time question

OMGosh, I was just going to ask the same question only for straight J50 in 8oz Jellies. That's too funny. :D

EDIT - 2:19pm, Sunday

Okay so after doing some searches here I find that curing is very controversial and mostly a matter of personal preference. The longer a candle sits the better the scent throw. Generally I found these results for the two types of wax questioned.

1. Soy needs to cure for at least a week and at the most 3 weeks.

2. J50 a couple of days, if at all.

Any additional comments welcome...

It really depends on the soy. Mine are good to go after 24 hours. I think letting them sit longer helps a little. I use mostly FO's that will throw right away, as I pour on demand right now. I know that some soys really do better with a longer curing time.

Hi! I use a "blend" of 2/3 J223, and 1/3 par/soy blend, and used to cure a week or more, but now I found that by using a hotter burning wick, that long of a cure time isn't needed. But, I still do find that my candles tend to improve w/ age, even though I can usually get a throw after 24'. HTH :)