Liquid Dyes for wax Melts - affect on fragrance??

maryta

Hello!  I am tempted to buy the Cajun set of liquid dyes...any recommendations for liquid dye that will not alter the scent or the throw for melts? I usually go "pastel" so don't use a lot of dye anyway. I'm not thrilled with dye chips and have never used liquid so am not sure about liquid dye at all. TIA!!

• Like 1

Hi Maryta!

You are in for a delightful treat using liquid dyes! I love Cajun's liquid dyes! I have used them since 2000 and they have never altered my scents. They are gorgeous dyes and the combinations of beautiful colors are endless! Now....I will tell you this....they CAN AND WILL be a little messy...(have the paper towels and wet hand wipes close by... :) ) you WILL get dye on your hands and THEY do smell if you are just smelling the dye straight out of the dye bottle, but I just love them and I repeat...they will not alter your scents at all. Check out their color recipes (color guide chart) right below their dyes on the same page, (Their recipes are for an 8 lb wax recipe, so you will need to adjust your recipe accordingly.) :)  and of course when making pastels, less is what you will use. I have called them and asked for their guidance on making other color recipes and they are very helpful...that Pamela...she knows her colors! :) 

• Like 3

Thank you so much, puma!! I will order tomorrow...I've had that color chart on my computer for a while. I just wish it was a downloadable document. I will ask them if they could do that. I think they will actually be less mess for me than using chips...chip pieces everywhere from trying to cut them up or just under my fingernails from scraping off bits since I often don't use a whole chip, even with Candle Cocoon's small dye crystals. I'm excited already! :) Thanks! :)

Edited by maryta
  • Like 1

I've never used chips but I'm with Puma about the liquid dyes. You can blend the colors and get different ones. They do stink to high heaven out of the bottle but I've never had them alter a scent. 

Cajun's are nice and so are Lone Star's, Peaks, Flamings, and also RE has quite a few colors that I haven't found anywhere else.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, maryta said:

Thank you so much, puma!! I will order tomorrow...I've had that color chart on my computer for a while. I just wish it was a downloadable document. I will ask them if they could do that. I think they will actually be less mess for me than using chips...chip pieces everywhere from trying to cut them up or just under my fingernails from scraping off bits since I often don't use a whole chip, even with Candle Cocoon's small dye crystals. I'm excited already! :) Thanks! :)

Morning Maryta!!

If you ask them, they will print you off a color guide chart and mail it with your order. I have asked for it twice and they have sent to me. I would put it in the comments. :) I'm excited for you...let me know what you think. :)

Edited by puma52

I just placed my order...I called about the color chart and they said it is just the online page and that they have nothing to send to me! I said, "Don't you upload that to the website from a document that you could just print and send to me?"  They said no, just look at the website...two people told me that :(.  I'm still excited to get the dyes - I ordered all of them ! :):)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, maryta said:

I just placed my order...I called about the color chart and they said it is just the online page and that they have nothing to send to me! I said, "Don't you upload that to the website from a document that you could just print and send to me?"  They said no, just look at the website...two people told me that :(.  I'm still excited to get the dyes - I ordered all of them ! :):)

I'll tell ya what Maryta!! :) Just PM me your address and I'll send one out in the mail to you tomorrow and hopefully you will get this the same day as your dyes. I'm sorry they didn't send to ya...I got my last one from them probably 3 or 4 years ago...maybe they had too many people asking..but still....that is a very nice color chart to go by and I just love mine and you need to have one too! :) Having this on your computer is one thing....but having it in your hand to help you is what you need. :)

Edited by puma52
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, maryta said:

Oh, that would be marvelous! I'll pm you...I am so not a "colorist" or artist or whatever. I need guidance! :) lol!

You will be amazed at the colors you can create with these dyes. :) Hey we all need guidance and help....that is what we need these for. :) Envelope addressed, full of great dye recipes and ready to come to you tomorrow.  :)

Edited by puma52
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, puma52 said:

You will be amazed at the colors you can create with these dyes. :) Hey we all need guidance and help....that is what we need these for. :) Envelope addressed, full of great dye recipes and ready to come to you tomorrow.  :)

you are wonderful! :)