Aztec Int'l F/O recommendations?

heartsong

:) I am a Tennessee Candle refugee since they closed their doors and Aztec is close by and I like their prices.

What would you recommend for cold process soap?  I generally use .75 oz ppo, soaping with a water/lye 2:1.

I wish to avoid scents that morph or fade...I can handle acceleration or discoloration

I just sell locally and it all goes to charity.

This is my current line up and it would be nice to swap one fragrance out...like swapping plumeria for a good honeysuckle or jasmine...etc.

Sugared Spruce (WSP)

Plumeria (WSP)

Blackraspberry Vanilla (WSP)

Oats milk & honey (TC)

Tangerine Dream (TC)

True Lavender (TC)

Sweetpea (TC)

:rolleyes: Thanks in advance for your help!

You know, I have to soap this weekend. I have some Aztec scents, most of them are winter, but there are some that just might work as a soap. I can let you know. However I know there are some diehard soapers on here who may have answers for you. I hope they will respond. 

For me, I've got the Prince Charming and Cleopatra sitting there along with a pink sangria, pink lilac and willow and then Ivory Woods ... however it would be good to put together some winter soaps too and with that, I have Frosty ... and would have to look at the others and see if they can be in soap. 

For anyone who has soaped from this company though it would be good to get the reviews on this site churning ... candles too and any company really. 

Reviews just aren't out there I don't think. 

• Like 1

:) Oh thank you, that would be so nice!  I've searched thru the archives looking at every post on Aztec Intl...most seem like candle posts.

I noticed that i cannot edit my post...I forgot to add Eggnog to my list of soaps. (Soapsupplies.net)

Edited by heartsong

Some that do well for me:   Citrus Punch, Tobacco, White Peach and Hibiscus, Forever Red, Alpine Frost, OAK, White Tea and Ginger, Grapefruit Mangosteen, Rosemary Pepper, Ivory Woods, Volcano, Black Sea.  I also do a blend of their OMH and Almond that is fantastic.  I don't love the Honeysuckle by itself in cp.  It sticks very well, just not a personal fave. 

• Like 1

Guest OldGlory

I've soaped a few from Aztec, but it's been years. There's a growing community of soapers in the area that use a LOT of Aztec FOs, and on the webpage for the fragrance there are results posted of a soaper's experience. You might be able to find more info on their Facebook page.

And if you haven't already, sign up for the email.

Blackberry Sage is awesome in CP - all of the notes come thru in the finished product.

Mistletoe Kisses is also awesome in CP. I had a client many years ago that centered her business around this fragrance and it is lovely.

I had Aztec dupe both of these FOs for me, and although I don't make soap any more, I still use them in candles and melts.

Their Lovespell soaps like a dream, but I've noticed that's fairly true with many citruses.

That's all I remember with any clarity.

8 hours ago, bfroberts said:

Some that do well for me:   Citrus Punch, Tobacco, White Peach and Hibiscus, Forever Red, Alpine Frost, OAK, White Tea and Ginger, Grapefruit Mangosteen, Rosemary Pepper, Ivory Woods, Volcano, Black Sea.  I also do a blend of their OMH and Almond that is fantastic.  I don't love the Honeysuckle by itself in cp.  It sticks very well, just not a personal fave. 

Oooohhhhh!!! 

So how does rosemary pepper come across in a product. I absolutely love it out of bottle, but was going to dedicate it elsewhere. Does Ivory Woods go dark? If not, I just may want to soap this purely for me, because I really like the fragrance. Volcano .... I think it's the one I have, but again was thinking of dedicating elsewhere ... does it lose anything in soap, because isn't citrus based? Not to say that citruses fade out, but a few I have had.  

• Like 1

Cool! I'm going to have to expand my fragrance oil search. I've only ever used Romance and Lilac from Aztec so far and they both worked fine in CP but I didn't love the fragrances so I didn't keep them in my products. I did just buy some new ones from Nurture Soap that I'm anxious to try. Maybe I'll check Aztec out again too. 

Kelly

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Scented said:

Oooohhhhh!!! 

So how does rosemary pepper come across in a product. I absolutely love it out of bottle, but was going to dedicate it elsewhere. Does Ivory Woods go dark? If not, I just may want to soap this purely for me, because I really like the fragrance. Volcano .... I think it's the one I have, but again was thinking of dedicating elsewhere ... does it lose anything in soap, because isn't citrus based? Not to say that citruses fade out, but a few I have had.  

Rosemary Pepper is an awesome herbal in cp.  It sticks like glue, no a or d.  It seems a little less sharp, for lack of a better word, after cure.  I just love it.  Ivory Woods...it fades just a bit but it is still nice.  I use this one for an all white soap, so I do use just a smidge of TD and I don't gel this one.  But even without the TD it doesn't turn dark.  Volcano is a citrus, but it sticks well and soaps like a dream.  No a or d.  The scent stays true.  It's a really good seller for me.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bfroberts said:

Rosemary Pepper is an awesome herbal in cp.  It sticks like glue, no a or d.  It seems a little less sharp, for lack of a better word, after cure.  I just love it.  Ivory Woods...it fades just a bit but it is still nice.  I use this one for an all white soap, so I do use just a smidge of TD and I don't gel this one.  But even without the TD it doesn't turn dark.  Volcano is a citrus, but it sticks well and soaps like a dream.  No a or d.  The scent stays true.  It's a really good seller for me.

Thank you! 

• Like 1