Wicks

Hello

I am new to this forum and to the candle industry.  I just came across this site after 9 very long hard months, testing alone with only mixed messages on the internet.  Trialling numerous waxes, companies and fragrances.  

My question is:

I am using a blend of igi paraffin wax and soy. it is more paraffin than soy.  And I was told to use a CDN wick in paraffin rather than the HTP wick.  

Can anyone confirm whether it is ok to use HTP in this blend or is it best to stick to CDN?  I have found so much conflicting information on the internet and hope that someone on here will be able to give some advice.

Thanks Natasha :)

• Like 1

I have not personally used CDN wicks, but its my understanding that people using pure soy and palm waxes usually source them out.  They aren't easy to find.  I have used both CD and HTP in 6006 parasoy with good results.  I usually start testing with comparisons between HTP, CD, LX and sometimes ECO to see which ones gives me what I'm looking for.  HTP works brilliant in parasoy blends...when no scent is used...it sometimes goes wonky on me once I add the scent, so I test other wicks as well. 

Wicks will always be what makes us pull our hair out...guaranteed!!

• Like 1

For anyone out there using CS tins - either in 4 or 8oz, do you you find any particular wicks work better w/ soy since they're small ? I wish more companies 

sold the gold tins. SKS sells them but you need to buy a ton to make it worth it. 

8 hours ago, Natasha2106 said:

Hello

I am new to this forum and to the candle industry.  I just came across this site after 9 very long hard months, testing alone with only mixed messages on the internet.  Trialling numerous waxes, companies and fragrances.  

My question is:

I am using a blend of igi paraffin wax and soy. it is more paraffin than soy.  And I was told to use a CDN wick in paraffin rather than the HTP wick.  

Can anyone confirm whether it is ok to use HTP in this blend or is it best to stick to CDN?  I have found so much conflicting information on the internet and hope that someone on here will be able to give some advice.

Thanks Natasha :)

I ordered some samples of the CDN wicks - I'll have to double check where I got them from, but I believe they were in Texas ? I'll post later after I 

find my pack of wicks + give you the name of the company.

Thanks all for your replies.  I have HTP & CDN wicks, but have only ever used CDN wicks in my candles.  I think they're easier to find here, I struggle to find the ECO and have never seen the LX wicks at all.  

I will try the HTP and see how I go from there.

thanks natasha